CONSTRUCTION PROJECT ASSISTANT:
Judd Construction Inc, is seeking an energetic, experienced professional to assist Project Managers in all phases of the construction in the commercial industry. This position requires excellent communication and collaboration skills along with computer and multi-tasking skills. In addition, this position requires the ability to successfully handle stressful environments that develop during construction jobs.
Successful candidates shall be able to demonstrate a proven and successful track record of previous responsibility in the project management operations of construction projects.
Minimum qualifications include:
- 2 years experience as a Project Coordinator a plus but willing to train the right candidate.
- Knowledge of the construction industry and the quality standards related to construction.
- Basic knowledge of blueprints, plans and project specifications preferred but not required.
- Assist in coordinating the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the Main GC office, architects, consultants, sub-contractors, superintendents and laborers.
- Assist in scheduling work with sub-contractors/suppliers
- Ensure project documents are available on site and are the latest version.
- Processing of RFI’s (requests for information)
- Receiving material submittals from the Main Office for use on site
- Gathering documentation toprepare Change Orders
- Process & prepare meeting agendas and meeting minutes
- Organizing and maintaining a library of project documents within project management software
- Other clerical/project duties as required by the Project Manager
- Light travel to project site will be required.
- Proficiency in MS Project, Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
- Procore experience a plus
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and codes for residential construction.
- Must work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment